Gator HardShell Bicycle Tyres from Continental, Handmade in Germany
MADE IN: Germany PRICE: €30 COMPANY FOUNDED: 1871
Having to cycle in London every day I have to pass by a lot of building sites at the moment. To avoid catching any screws or glass in my tyres, when I need it the least, I went for the hard shell option. So far, it worked.
Please accept my apologies for the dirtier tyre than you would usually see in a marketing pictures from the Continental. Since I am actually using the bike and not trying to market anything for the financial gain, it is all ‘el natural.’
In addition to Gator Hardshell tyres, I could have gone for any of these other innovations they have:
– Black Chili Compound, to enhance three most important factors in tyres: static friction, rolling resistance, and mileage.
– Pure Grip Compound, provides additional grip while riding.
– ProTection, additional puncture protection for tubeless tyres.
– Race Sport, mix of different technologies for mountain bikes
– RTR, tubeless ready tyres that can be used both with and without an inner tube.
– ECO, tyres designed for e-bikes by offering low rolling resistance.
– PlusBreaker, the highest puncture resistance.
– DuraSkin, lightweight cut-resistant sheath around the tyre casing.
– SuperSonic, tyres for time trial events.
And there are even more. If you fancy learning it all, here is a link http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/technical
Literally within the same week in which I initially published this post, I managed to puncture one of them. It was the beginning of my epic trip from London to Paris. Before I even left the city, I managed to catch this screw on the bicycle lane.
Despite that, I am still very impressed with them. No punctures in 4 months of daily riding in the city, neither I had any for the rest of my three-day cycle to Paris.