Let’s design your custom made Iglu sauna!
As a specialised sauna workshop, the Outdoor Saunas team encourages you to choose the options that would make it your dream come true.
Important things to consider when building your custom-made sauna:
Out of a myriad of options when designing your custom-made Iglu sauna, we reduced it to the topmost important questions to consider:
Iglu is one of our most popular designs for people that are looking for a modern sauna option.
It often acts as additional decorations for outdoor spaces or city gardens. Especially a great option considering that you decide on the colours and size of such a sauna – to fit the space you have perfectly.
Its panoramic window brings a lot of light to your sauna experience and can remove the divide between the outdoors and your sauna bench. Go for an 80% or 100% panoramic view window option to give it a truly modern look and experience.
It really depends on with who you are planning to share this experience. For example, a 2-3 meter sauna would be perfect for a couple. For families with kids, your sauna should start at 3 m, as you want to leave some extra space between the heaters and your bundles of joy.
For anyone planning to have parties or more social sauna experience, then a 4-5 meter sauna would be a more suitable option.
To save on space inside, we do not offer changing room allocation in this custom sauna build tool, but you can request it afterwards. Just don’t forget to allocate 1 – 1,5 m from internal space, and be prepared to pay a little more for an extra wall.
You can also skip on the external seating space to get more internal space in your sauna. But it is quite a nice space to cool down and socialise while enjoying the outdoors.
Panoramic view windows are the best invention. It adds so much to the experience that we no longer offer saunas without it.
Go for a 100% panoramic view window to get the most out of it – but it also depends on the view you will have.
In front of the window, you can place a stove, a table, or a bench – up to you.
Choose between an electric or wood-burning heater:
There are many good points for either of the sauna heater options, but here are the most important points:
- Simple to heat up your sauna with a click of a button
- Some people prefer dry heat – a Finish sauna experience
- No cleaning is needed
- No steam sauna is possible (also often referred to as Russian sauna)
- Cannot use aromatic herbs or oils on stones
- Need electricity connection
- Have fun pouring water on stones and enjoy the hot steam you create
- No need for an electricity connection, hence It is the perfect option for remote locations and off-grid set-up.
- Can experiment with herbal and other aromatic steam options.
- It takes time and effort to heat up your sauna before you can use it (up to 1 hour or more for larger saunas)
- You need to clean the ashes after each use of the sauna
- One needs to have a reliable source of wood for burning
Additional seating area outside:
Seating outside can be a nice design feature, but it is also a great space to cool down and socialise. It is more advisable for larger sauna options, however. As it takes away from your internal space.
What happens after you make an order:
Check various options and see how it affects the final price. You can always reach out to us if you have any questions.
Please note that the final sauna price will be updated with delivery costs once you enter your address in the cart.